[Bf-committers] Tango icons in release

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Mon Jan 8 01:17:18 CET 2007

On 08/01/2007, at 10:48 AM, Jakub Steiner wrote:

> You are approaching the problem the right way without depending on
> half-assed solutions (so I got a bit surprised seeing the icon theme
> patch upstream ;).

The main reason for committing the patch wasn't so much to allow
theming as it was to lower the barrier of entry making it easier for
artists to work on icons, and getting people excited about the
prospect of doing so by being able to easily share them. In this
regard, I think it's been quite successful so far! So given the time
between now and the next release we should have at least one really
nice new default set, and the associated clean-ups that people have
found to be needed along the way. :)

cheers,

Matt

Matt Ebb . matt at mke3.net . http://mke3.net