[Bf-committers] Tango icons in release

Jakub Steiner jimmac at ximian.com
Mon Jan 8 00:48:04 CET 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 12:43 +1100, Matt Ebb wrote:

> No, it's too late and that theme isn't really ready. Although in many
> ways it's a lot better than what's in Blender now, I think there are
> still a lot of avenues for improvement, and I think the icons issue in
> general needs to be worked on in greater depth (i.e. making separate
> defines in the source code for different icons which are reused now,
> but don't really make much sense, and also rethinking some of the less
> clear metaphors that are used at the moment, rather than just making
> them look better).

Hi Matt,
I completely agree this isn't a good default replacement.

You are approaching the problem the right way without depending on
half-assed solutions (so I got a bit surprised seeing the icon theme
patch upstream ;). That said I think it would be nice to accompany the
icon themeing functionality with the two new themes (not a default) or
revert the patch to keep focused on addressing the icons without a
'good-enough-for-now' state.

I've fixed up the missing bits in the meantime and got pretty much the
full coverage with the set*. Granted with a lot of legacy and generally
sucky metaphors.

cheers

* http://jimmac.musichall.cz/zip/tango-blender.png

--