[Bf-committers] Rename 'darwin' to OSX-Intel or OSX-i386?

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Sun Jan 7 14:25:31 CET 2007

Le 4 janv. 07 à 22:17, erwin at erwincoumans.com a écrit :

> The current name 'darwin' for the Blender build for Mac OS X for
> Intel machines confusing and obfuscated I find ;-)
> Apparently there are several people who a searching for the OS X
> Intel build and think it is missing (that platform is becoming more
> popular).
> Therefore, can we please rename 'darwin' to OSX-Intel (for the
> distribution zipfile)?
> Thanks,
> Erwin

hmm.

the consequences in build systems are quite dire and the benefits are
little.

the naming comes from the uname results which are used by both scons
and make (dont know for cmake), so it is imho a bit dangerous.

Now changing only  the zip name used for release can be done if
agreed, that is minor, as long as we are logical with PPC builds.

  --
Lukep