[Bf-committers] Python version...

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sun Jan 7 08:46:42 CET 2007

I wonder what the deal with the required Python version is officially?

I have system-wide Python 2.3 on Linux, and there are internal Blender
features that do not work with it.
For example, Faceselect -> U -> Unwrap (Smart projections) will give
a Python error, check console.

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1131, in ?
   File "<string>", line 1121, in main
   File "<string>", line 775, in packIslands
   File "/home/intrr/bf-cvs/blender/release/scripts/bpymodules/boxpack2d.py",
line 474, in boxPackIter
     myBoxLs.pack()
   File "/home/intrr/bf-cvs/blender/release/scripts/bpymodules/boxpack2d.py",
line 430, in pack
     boxList.packedVerts.sortCorner(freeBoxContext.width,
freeBoxContext.height)
   File "/home/intrr/bf-cvs/blender/release/scripts/bpymodules/boxpack2d.py",
line 67, in sortCorner
     self.verts.sort(key = lambda b: max(b.x+w, b.y+h) ) # Reverse area sort
TypeError: sort() takes no keyword arguments

Aren't all scripts (and especially ones that are seemingly internal Blender
features) supposed to work with Python 2.3, as this is the version that is
bundled with the Mac OSX version (if I understood correctly) anyway?

Sorry if I've confused things or if I'm outdated...