[Bf-committers] Sunday meeting minutes, 25th feb 2007

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Wed Feb 28 11:14:44 CET 2007

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Another problem is that the tracker sortof exploded. We now get good
> feedback in for bugs and problems, but how much time we need to fix this
> for a real 'stable' 2.43a?

My concern is a bit that there will be a 2.43a or 2.44 which contains
many bugs (which is also a bad sign for potential interested users) and
this situation will remain until the refactored Blender is there, and I
can`t imagine this will be soon?!

I guess all the new features from orange and the new ones like sculpting
etc. are important to show we are on the top, but now stabilize it.

I mean ok, its open source, I can maintain a seperate "stable" tree or
whatever, but this is not the same, I don`t want to be separated at a
time I finally see room for giving something back to Blender and BF.

> This also counts: I need my rest once too. Have been working non-stop
> since early 2005.

!!

Carsten