[Bf-committers] Sunday meeting minutes, 25th feb 2007

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Tue Feb 27 23:20:01 CET 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 10:35:41PM +0100, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Summarizing responses I don't see much enthusiasm for an extra 2.44,
> apart from when that will have 64 bits support (which isn't a quick
> project).
> During sunday meeting in IRC there was more endorsement, but these
> people I don't hear anymore? Please do speak!

We have not spoken up because we thought the matter was settled: 2.44

> My personal stance remains to release as often as possible. The past
> release cycle was very long. Let's do one short cycle to compensate
> (with enough time for 64 bits cleaning and tests) and then go to do the
> bigger jobs again.

Last cycle was a little too long, but understandable with all the
new features and the accompanying coding & testing.  It will take a
bit of time for users to put the new feats thru their paces and
find bugs.  Given that, I think a reasonable set of targets for
a short cycle are

1) 64 bit
2) latest python 2.5 for all capable platforms
3) bug fixes for new features.
4) patch tracker cleanup

Design work for event refactor can run in parallel to this, if
anyone is bored.

Consider this a vote for a 2.44 release.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net