[Bf-committers] Game Engine

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Tue Feb 27 21:07:22 CET 2007

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007, Jason Ward wrote:

> I have been using blender for quite a while now. I am dissapointed with the
> game engine.
> It doesn't carry the graphics through to my exe file when I click save
> runtime. Plus dave Dynamic runtime
> doesn't work.
>
> This has been frustrating. However I read that blender is looking for a new
> game engine.
> Why not try using panda3d? It already is callable from python, so scripting
> would be possible.
> You just need to ask the panda developers what parts are necessary for you
> to take and add to blender.
> Panda is under GPL.

That's a very simple view of things... it doesn't really have to do anything
with "callable from python" or not... integration of a 3d graphics / logic
engine into another application is not something like "startEngine; done;"
;-)

Concerning your first statement, if packing data does not work, that's an
ugly bug and you should post it in the tracker.