[Bf-committers] Sunday meeting minutes, 25th feb 2007

Renato Perini rperini at email.it
Tue Feb 27 00:35:06 CET 2007

Well,  OpenMP is not a "compiler extension" but a well defined standard.
As far as I know, OpenMP is well supported in MSVC too (look, for
example, here:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tt15eb9t(VS.80).aspx
so I don't see "portability" really an issue, in this case.
Probably I missed what you want to say :-)

Timothy Baldridge ha scritto:
> Interesting read. However, I seem to be missing the point of why it's
> better/safter than pthreads (granted it looks better). And with OpenMP
> we'd be locked into using gcc 4.2/gomp/etc.
>
> Don't forget that we have issues here with multi-platform. Any
> compiler extensions have to be supported on all OSes.
>

> Timothy

 Sponsor:
 Corso base ASP Gratis - Video con trucchi e segreti per imparare a creare il tuo Sito Web Dinamico con la tecnologia ASP
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5146&d=27-2