[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Base.h Base.c blender/release/scripts 3ds_export.py 3ds_import.py armature_symmetry.py bvh_import.py mesh_skin.py mesh_solidify.py object_apply_def.py object_batch_name_edit.py uv

RICHARD SIERRA rnsierra at snet.net
Fri Feb 23 20:57:56 CET 2007

Hi! I have been trying out the program 2.43 and found no problems with it,maybe
  onboard graphic chip and on others various motherboard is the cause of this side effect.I found that AMD motherboards are more realiable then Intel, when running blender work.Note:
  By the time blender become a stateble program its download will be 85.3 MB in the future.
  thats include the following.
  1. Motion capture webcam.
  2.Muscel flex with Armature.
  3. Rig panel to charactor keys.( An upgrade )
  4.Effects scripts ( rain,fog,fire,and ect.)
  5.Redesign the blender interface view.
  I hope these suggestion will be consider and build for trial patch..
  I love blender because is easy to model and the workflow is great.

  sincerely RNS
Carsten Wartmann <cw at blenderbuch.de> wrote:
  Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> A bug that would justify 2.43a would be;
>
> - compile/build errors (all of them I guess)
> - a common used feature that worked in 2.42a but not in 2.43.
> - error in new features that makes it unusable (there's no obvious
> workaround)

The Ray Sensor bug is one without a workaround, with my patch beeing a
bit late for 2.43 it is now fixed.

Sure, the GE is not so popular like making spikey Birds or old wrinkled
men ;-)

However there are more bugs like the Ray-Bug in the GE, maybe easy to
fix and maybe it would be nice to have a working (as documented) GE
before more bigger redesigns (Ogre...) are happening.

> We can also consider to restart development now, but don't work on big
> refactors yet, and do a 2.44 in 1-2 months just before the giant recode
> projects start?

This is something *I* would also love to see. Make a high-quality
release inbetween.

Carsten