[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code 2007 Projects Ideas

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Wed Feb 21 19:38:36 CET 2007

This year the GSoC process will be a bit more formal, and the
Blender Foundation will have to submit an application
for GSoC in the second week of March. As part of this application
we'll need to have an up-to-date ideas page. Last year we
discussed project ideas on this mailing list, but I am
a bit concerned that such an activity generates too much
noise. What I thought we might try instead is using the
wiki to solicit ideas. I've created a draft ideas wiki page
(copied from last years ideas page with minimal modifications)
that people can modify or add ideas to. As the application
deadline nears, we can prune ideas from the draft page into
an official ideas page that will be submitted to Google.

Here is the draft ideas page:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/SOC_2007_Ideas_%28Draft%29

Anyways, is this a worthwhile approach to solicit ideas? Or
would people prefer to discuss ideas on the mailing list,
or perhaps on bf-funboard or in a forum?

Chris