[Bf-committers] Re: Freebsd needs a working Blender Please

Hans Lambermont hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 19 20:18:36 CET 2007

Brett Henley wrote:

>  I'm trying to subscribe or make this plea show up at least.

Well, it reached me at least ;-)

I'm the Blender platform maintainer for FreeBSD, but I no longer
maintain the port graphics/blender (and I never maintained the
graphics/blender-devel).

> It's been years since Blender has built and run properly on FreeBSD.

Oh ? I released a precompiled build for every Blender-release.
You can find those on the blender.org website.

You mention 'built', so I assume you are referring to the
graphics/blender(-devel) port.

> The version that is currently up is mislabeled As 2.4 Python and uses
> a very old version 1.1.x version of the SDL among other problems.

Strange, I mentioned that it's still Python2.3 for the last 2 years.
(blender.org website).

> I would like to contact the build maintainer for FreeBSD Blender
> and work with them to estabilish a solid running build.

Excellent, I welcome your help and effort.

> It seems there is knowledge that the C++ stl ios system is at fault
> And that there may be a work around. My compile log can be found
> http://pastebin.com/884492

Yesterday I committed a patch that Andreas Kasparz sent to avoid the
problem. It is no fix though, according to Andreas that can only be done
by the Python developers. At least we can now use Python2.4 and 2.5 in
the GameEngine :-)

regards,
   Hans Lambermont
--