[Bf-committers] 2.43 test suite results some critical errors...

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Feb 17 11:42:16 CET 2007

Hi Tom,

This testing is a bit late... almost all files you mention below were
there last release as well.

Further the errors you mention don't seem to be showstoppers, so nice
for the bugtracker or todo after the release.

> action_nla !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - grab the constraint strip move it - then
> try undo - it deletes all!

Not here for me.

> array3 !! - very cool - node_composit_exec_viewer error

Error is debug print. Harmless.

> dolphin !!!!! - graphical glitch when starting to animate while in
> vertex paint mode; then is fine

Not here. Opengl error most likely?

> composite_layers - they render at the same time giving wierd update of
> the render window

It renders 4 layers, and it shows this with a callback timer of 1
update per second.
Since render is fast, the updates might appear weird?
Otherwise it is a graphics glitch. For such glitches it would help if
you had a reference system (more powerful graphics).

> write exr tmp file, 480x300, c:\tmp\COMPOS~2.BLE_Scene.exr

That is the save buffer option.

> glass !!!!! - error first attempt to render (due to the folder not
> being there); then it rendered but it wouldn't play..

That is part fix needed in demo file, part unknown. Investigate it!

> robot_ao !!!!!!!!!!! - render if far too dark

This dark error was caused by missing 'shadow' button. I thought I
re-uploaded demo files...

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org