[Bf-committers] Release... almost there?

Simon Clitherow aphex at nildram.co.uk
Thu Feb 15 11:02:24 CET 2007

Tom M wrote:
> it works fine with jesterkings msvc build so it is the version of msvc
> you and elubie are using that causes the problem.  (gcc apparently
> works fine on cygwin, OS X, and linux).  It seems reasonable to just
> have jestie do the official build and just change what version of MSVC
> is the official for future releases.

True, but doesn't this bug suggest an underlying problem that is better
to fix than to hide under the carpet?

MSVC might be a pain in the backside, but generally the compiler makes
good decisions in terms of strict c usage :)

Having said that, I'm happy to move to VC8 if everyone else is!

Cheers,

Simon