[Bf-committers] Release... almost there?

Simon Clitherow aphex at nildram.co.uk
Thu Feb 15 10:34:12 CET 2007

Hi,

Just checked .blend with Andrea's RC4 - crash with 'tile' mode is
fixed. But sadly, the the flashing is still there, and IMO the texture
brush still isn't working as it should.

If you try a blend sphere texture brush, the mesh is not altered
much at all now, even if you put brush strength at 100. I can see
the blend texture option would be used A LOT as you can combine it
with a colour ramp to change the brush falloff... so it would be
nice if this one was working.

Interesting to note (not sure if this it has been spotted) - turn
off symmetry and the mesh disappears when sculpting, but when its
on, the mesh is completely white - perhaps symm code is a good
place to start for the flashing bug? Could it be drawing the
backbuffer here? Still, it doesn't explain why it works on some
compilers and not others!

IMO, this isn't good to release unless we disable texture brushes
or advise that they are broken in Windows (neither are good
solutions :)

I'll keep looking at this one (I have some time today so will try
to get on irc).

I'm still having trouble narrowing down the errors. From personal
battles and continuous CVS building, the flashing still occurs as
far back as 30/12/06.

Hope this helps somehow!

Simon