[Bf-committers] Sculpt, Windows showstopper bug

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Feb 14 14:10:59 CET 2007

Hi,

We've been working in IRC on a strange crasher with Sculpt, Windows
only.

The weirdest thing is that the official RC3 crashes, but gcc or
different msvc compiler versions don't crash.

Here's a blend that should crash Windows RC3:
http://download.blender.org/demo/test/sculpt.blend

And here's the compile from Nathan L, which should not crash (msvc):
http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.43rc/blender-243RC4-win32-
vc_20070214.zip

I also found a fix in sculpt code, which was committed after Nathan
made his build.

The information we get sofar is very confusing. Need lots of tests, and
would also help if Simon can check on this .blend file?

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org