[Bf-committers] Release... almost there?

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 21:30:42 CET 2007

On 2/12/07, Nicholas Bishop <nicholasbishop at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking through the four remaining, 5703 is actually a Todo and 5958
> seems to be a win98 bug (and has no useful data attached.) The two
> remaining, 5781 and 5946, seem to have something to do with what
> compiler is used (under Windows.) I'm not sure what compiler is used
> for the Windows builds; if it's MSVC there may be a problem.

Yep it is MSVC that is used for official builds.  That seems the only
show stopper, and not sure how we can fix it.  Elubie does get the
crash as noted in the tracker, and found that the crash appears to be
stopped by changing variable scope, but she still gets the flashing.
Also my personal observation is that it appears that the texture
doesn't sculpt the mesh correctly when this is happening (i get the
bug when using school computers with an MSVC build).

If we use cygwin for the official build that fixes the crash and
flashing, but, we lose game engine sound (and possibly other stuff?).

LetterRip