[Bf-committers] ctrl-xkey eliminate it as a shortcut for new file.

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 21:49:16 CET 2007

can we eliminate that shortcut?  new and experienced users it is very
easy to lose all of your work by attempting to use the standard
shortcut for 'cut' (as in cut copy paste), and the 'delete all' would
imply to me 'delete all selected' something perfectly reasonable to
occur when you 'cut'.  Not 'delete all of my work prior to this that
isn't saved'.

The frequency of needing to do a completely new file is extremely
small so it isn't a significant burden on old users to remove it.

Letterrip