[Bf-committers] QuickTime doesn't work for 'Movie + Audio' on OS X

J.P. jtuttle at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 03:13:52 CET 2007

Hey--
I was asking whether FFMPEG for OS X would be in Blender 2.43, and I was
told that a) it was too big (which I've seen firsthand in my own
builds), and b) QuickTime does everything FFMPEG does on OS X.  However,
there is one major feature that it *doesn't* do right now.  I can't
import movies with audio into Blender.  The 'Add' menu for the Video
Sequence Editor as of 2.43RC2 OS X PPC is as follows:

Effect
-
Audio (Wav)
Scene
Images
Movie

No Movie + Audio, Movie (HD) or Movie (RAM).  (I know there's Movie +
Audio, not sure if I'm imagining Movie (HD) and Movie (RAM)... but I'm
sure I can't add movies with audio.

Just thought you guys might want to know about this.  Any ideas?

-- J.P.