[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/release/scripts kmz_ImportWithMesh.py

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 01:20:47 CET 2007

JMS,

Martin is correct regarding the GPL - once something is release under
that license as long as the distributor distributes changes under the
GPL the original author doesn't get any say regarding what changes
they might make.

that said, I don't think that changes to an authors script that is
being actively maintained should be made without the authors
permission unless there is very good reason.  Thus cambo, it would be
appreciated if you would revert your changes to the script for now,
since a modest performance gain isn't really worth going against the
authors wishes.

JMS if you would be willing to make the changes if there are in fact
performance gains I'd be willing to do a benchmarking comparison - If
someone could point out some test files - are you and cambo both using
2.4 or 2.5 for the testing?  Ie you might see different performance if
you are using different versions of python for the testing and thus
you could 'both be right' regarding performance.

LetterRip