[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/release/scripts kmz_ImportWithMesh.py

jean-michel soler jmsoler at free.fr
Thu Feb 1 17:22:42 CET 2007

Campbell Barton a écrit :

>campbellbarton (Campbell Barton) 2007/01/30 01:16:05 CET
>
>  Modified files:
>    blender/release/scripts kmz_ImportWithMesh.py
>
>  Log:
>  Update to JMS's latest version of google earth 3 importer.
>  also made some changes
>  * redraw in the 3d view only
>  * create all objects in visible layers
>  * other small tweaks and speedups, removed debug print's

New version  where, at least, one of yours speedup part is removed
and it  is "really" faster. Tested on detailed eiffel tower model,
42000 faces, 266 objest, with your modif 37 seconds, without only 33.

For this one, I asked you to do not make the change so I found
it easily but it would be easier for me if you outlined your modifs
clearly with a line before and after
like this :
#------  cambo modifs ------
Thanks .

Added other stuffs like a clearer message to warn
that the imported file is a google earth 4.0 and should be a simple
google earth one. Now, progression indicators can be unset from the
script's buttons box.

The new script can be found there:
http://jmsoler.free.fr/didacticiel/blender/tutor/py_import_kml-kmz.htm#kmz_Mesh_complete_import-0.1.9f
or directly here :
http://jmsoler.free.fr/util/blenderfile/py/kmz_ImportWithMesh_Z019f.py

With a little luke, the version 2.0 of this script will read the google
earth 4.0 format.

jms

(ps : modifs on the rvk1torv2 script are almost ended.)