[Bf-committers] Custom Transform Alignment

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 00:53:34 CET 2007

Hi,

I've revived old code that I had lying around to allow
custom user defined alignment in transform (as listed
in the Peach wish list).

These can be defined through an object, face/vertex
normal or edge.

The patch is here:
http://blenderartists.org/~theeth/bf/transformspace.patch

And this is an old video capture that gives an ok idea
of what the feature actual does. Things have changed a
bit since that was taken though.
http://blenderartists.org/~theeth/bf/space_modes_2.htm

Custom Alignment can be added with Ctrl-Shift-C (not a
definitive hotkey, suggestions are welcomed), this
adds and select the new alignment. Custom Alignments
can also be added,deleted,selected from the Transform
Space panel (View -> Transform Space).

If you plan on using only a single custom alignment
and don't really need a list, I suggest you use the
hotkey as it adds and selects at the same time (adding
objects already in the list don't add them a second
time).

Custom Alignments are save in the scene and are
selected per 3D view (like normal alignment).

Alignment defined through an object will follow the
rotation of the object if it is later modified while
vert/edge/face use a snapshot at the time it was
defined.

Comments/Suggestions/Complaints are most welcomed.

Martin