[Bf-committers] Layer system

David Bryant aceone at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 21 23:01:41 CET 2007

I need to know what time the meetings are held in U.S. eastern
time.Also,Sundays are hectic early on for me but I'll download Xchat and see
if I can make it.

 To add my two cents right now, bit fields are not the way to go.The old
system needs to be rebuilt.And even though it may seem like an insignificant
recode, it's the future whether we acknowledge it or not.Those that do 3D
for a living need more than 20 layers and named layers at that.
That's why I coded the named layers patch.I wasn't going to do anymore work
regarding the layer system but since I can code, why not! If we pull this
off, this will start a new era for Blender. It's been long overdue. 10 years
overdue.