[Bf-committers] Expanding the number of layers in Blender

David Bryant aceone at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 17 08:52:44 CET 2007

I'm currently going further in the development of named layers.Can anyone
tell me why bit shifts are used to indicate and access layers in the Blender
codebase? It makes the code inflexible. I'm going to rewrite the way Blender
does this so as to be able to expand the number of layers.But, could anyone
answer that question?
Hopefully, I'll be finished in a week.But,t he answer to that question will
be helpful in the way I tackle the code.