[Bf-committers] guessconfig error

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Sun Dec 16 01:49:34 CET 2007

Hi,
joeedh at gmail.com (2007-12-15 at 1605.21 -0700):
> IIRC I think our svn is set to auto-set line endings to dos on commit.
> It sucks, especially how unix line endings has always been the standard
> for blender.

SVN server currently sets nothing, commiters have to set the
properties as needed, for example svn:eol-style to "native" so then
the system takes care of the conversions. As that is not the case, the
tree has lots of missing properties and some files with mixed or wrong
EOLs. The issue was raised time ago but still seems to come back and
bit someone at random, and it will do again in the future if the
situation is not solved (and stays so, no real solution if people
break things again later).

Cygwin is a "special" client anyway, and SVN does not seem to provide
nice workarounds (for people using removable media, SMB servers, etc):
http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2005-02/0993.shtml
http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2007-02/1316.shtml

GSR