[Bf-committers] New Empty Types- Sphere and Cone

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Sat Dec 15 09:47:59 CET 2007

On Friday 14 December 2007 19:50:10 David Bryant wrote:
> empty types sphere and cone. It uses OpenGL routines and the functions are
> called by the drawaxes() function in Blender.I wrote the circle and box
> empty functions that Blender now has and these work exactly how they're

that's probably all good, but i decided to mention anyway that custom empty
drawtypes - like there is custom drawtypes for bones - has seemed like a good
idea too (it came when some game level editors wanted custom shapes for AI
markers etc - they requested custom object types, but apparently new object
types were not needed, just e.g. empty drawtypes).

should be simple to do - just add an option to use an object for drawing and
link to that, i suppose the code in bone drawing works as an example and
hopefully the same things can be just reused. haven't done myself yet 'cause
our games are so simple so far that the few existing drawtypes have
sufficed :p

> uploaded to the patch tracker. Digikiller

cheers,
~Toni