[Bf-committers] Peach feature wishlist - earn eternal fame, fortune, and of course movie credits :)

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat Dec 15 01:27:27 CET 2007

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Tom M wrote:

> The peachers have started adding wishes to their list,
>
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Bf-institute/PeachFeatures

I have a question regarding this feature:

- Make the "Sync" button work when sound is disabled, Animators use this as a
   way to play animations at the right speed, could be renamed to "Drop Frames"
   and work even when blender built without audio enabled.

What is the problem with just turning the volume knob down? I mean, the drop
frames feature even works if there is no audio strip in the sequencer -- so,
why would one recode it to use some other timing reference (now it uses the
sample clock from the sound driver)?

Alexander Ewering

[ i n s t i n c t i v e . ]   http://www.instinctive.de

Zur Waldeshoehe 6                    Tel.: 02393-220558
59846 Sundern                         Fax: 02393-220559
Germany                xx-mail: xx-mail.com/instinctive