[Bf-committers] Documentation for generating a patch

Early Ehlinger early at respower.com
Tue Dec 11 16:12:01 CET 2007

I was updating Patch 6161 yesterday to integrate against the latest SVN,
and when I looked at the blender site - specifically,
http://www.blender.org/development/submit-a-patch/ - for instruction on
producing the patch file, I found this bit:

cvs diff -u > ../patch.txt

Obviously, this is not the appropriate command since we aren't using cvs
any longer.  I used this command instead:

svn diff > patch.txt

I'm not sure if this is correct or not, but if somebody more
knowledgeable than I could take the time to update the submit-a-patch
page, it would be greatly appreciated.

-- Early Ehlinger, President, ResPower, Inc.