[Bf-committers] FBX exporter for Blender?

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Wed Aug 29 00:44:03 CEST 2007

Hi,
kwizatz at aeongames.com (2007-08-28 at 1533.15 -0600):
> Actually I just made a quick google and found out its an open standard:

Then I wonder why FBX 2006.11.1 SDK link (in "Documentation" and
described as "Help Browse the online help for the FBX 2006.11.1 SDK.")
loads the right frame with a text that starts "© Copyright 2007
Autodesk, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All user documentation ("User
Documentation") contains proprietary and confidential information of
Autodesk, Inc. and/or its licensors." You can also check the source
code in the doc, restrictive words too.

See:
http://www.autodesk.com/us/fbx/docs/FBXSDK200611/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/_index.htm
http://www.autodesk.com/us/fbx/docs/FBXSDK200611/arch_8h-source.html

I am unable to find a specification that declares anybody can
implement it, just do not use their own source. They could give it
more publicity to demostrate it is an open standard.

GSR