[Bf-committers] [11601] branches/soc-2007-mosani/source: Getting the render api branch to compile with Makefiles.

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Mon Aug 27 23:35:35 CEST 2007

Hi,
two.a.ron at gmail.com (2007-08-26 at 1102.24 -0700):
> First of all, sorry this got screwed up, it must have been switching
> between developing on windows verses linux... I'll double check my
> current text editor.

Instead double check SVN and let it do the work. Use file (as in "file
*") and it will report a guess of what each file is, sometimes even
with other information like EOL.

Example:
Makefile:       ASCII Pascal program text
RND_camera.c:   ASCII Pascal program text, with CRLF, LF line terminators
RND_context.c:  ASCII Pascal program text, with CRLF, LF line terminators
RND_geometry.c: ASCII Pascal program text, with CRLF, LF line terminators
RND_helpers.c:  ASCII Pascal program text, with CRLF, LF line terminators
RND_internal.c: ASCII Pascal program text, with CRLF, CR, LF line terminators
RND_light.c:    ASCII Pascal program text, with CRLF, LF line terminators
RND_mesh.c:     ASCII Pascal program text, with CRLF, LF line terminators
RND_object.c:   ASCII Pascal program text, with CRLF, LF line terminators
RND_pass.c:     ASCII C program text
RND_settings.c: ASCII Pascal program text, with CRLF, LF line terminators
test.c:         ASCII C program text, with CRLF, LF line terminators

Sometimes the guess is wrong about the language with text based files
(sometimes it also reports wrong binary format, specially with weird
formats), but the EOL info is probably right.

> The above discussion has confused me slightly... is this still a
> problem, or has it apparently been fixed by accident similarly to how
> it became a problem by accident?

It seems it still is (mixed EOL) and others never got noticed (current
SVN properties, missing or wrong).

GSR