[Bf-committers] 2.45 release - py script problems

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Fri Aug 24 16:19:14 CEST 2007

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 08:56:29AM -0500, Kent Mein wrote:

> > It seems reasonable to expect that our bundled scripts will run
> > on all supported platforms.
>
> I agree it should be that way.  At the same time I do not think
> we should remove the above mentioned scripts if they do not comply.
> For now I'm thinking fix it for windows by adding the needed script(s).
> (short term fix)

As I tried to point out, just adding the decimal package to our windows
distribution does NOT fix the problem for OSX.

They are definitely useful scripts and worth keeping.  What they need
right now is some more robust error handling.  Maybe something along
the lines of "You CANNOT run this script because ..."  As is, about
all you get is the usual inscrutable error traceback.

> Maybe we should all just email Steve and Woz and try to get them to upgrade? ;)

Or at least get them to send us some free hardware to buy our silence!

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net