[Bf-committers] 2.45 release - py script problems

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Fri Aug 24 15:36:26 CEST 2007

Since the previous thread spiraled out of control so quickly, let's try
again.  Maybe this time we can stay on topic!

1) The mesh_unfolder script we distribute does not run under
   Python 2.3 because the script needs the decimal module.

  Python 2.3 is the lowest version we claim Blender will use.
  This requirement is mainly due to OSX.

  Comments in the source for the decimal module say it is currently
  compatible with py 2.3.

  The decimal module is not in our tiny Python bundle on Windows.
  We can inclulde it there, but that does not address OSX.

2) The mesh_unfolder.py and collada_import.py scripts use the xml module.

  The xml module (and friends) are not part of our tiny Python bundle
  on Windows.

It seems reasonable to expect that our bundled scripts will run
on all supported platforms.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net