[Bf-committers] Any new about the fixs for 2-44-stable branch ?

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Fri Aug 24 08:29:34 CEST 2007

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, Ben Batt wrote:

> On 8/24/07, Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com> wrote:
>> Alexander Ewering wrote:
>>> Well. Not even scripts looking like built-in functionality
>>> ("Add->Mesh->Torus") are compatible with a full Python 2.3 install on Linux
>>> and just say the notorious "Python error - check console" - so, this goal
>>> has been missed in a worse way long ago already...
>>>
>>> Alexander Ewering
>>
>> I read this 3 times and still can't work out what your are trying to say.
>
> Seems pretty clear to me (correct me if I'm wrong, Alexander):
> When you try to run the "Add->Mesh->Torus" script under a full Python
> 2.3 install on Linux, it gives a "Python error - check console" error.

Yeheessss!

Compiled with Python version 2.4.1.
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Checking for installed Python... No installed Python found.
Only built-in modules are available.  Some scripts may not run.
Continuing happily.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 9, in ?
ImportError: No module named math

But well, this is not a place for bug reports. I was just a bit confused
about this mail because I was convinced that Python 2.4 was a requirement
anyway.

Python 2.3.4 (#2, May 29 2004, 03:31:27)
import math # dynamically loaded from /usr/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload/math.so

Alexander Ewering

[ i n s t i n c t i v e . ]      instinctive mediaworks

Zur Waldeshoehe 6                    Tel.: 02393-220558
59846 Sundern                         Fax: 02393-220559
Germany                xx-mail: xx-mail.com/instinctive