[Bf-committers] Any new about the fixs for 2-44-stable branch ?

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Fri Aug 24 07:54:25 CEST 2007

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 12:22:09PM -0300, Diego Hernan Borghetti wrote:
> Hi all:
>
>   I want to call RC2 for the end of this week (if it's possible) so:

A user brought up a problem on the b.org forums with the
distributed scripts:

The mesh_unfolder.py script imports modules decimal and xml.
(A quick grep shows collada_import.py also uses the xml module)

1) The decimal module is new to Python 2.4. This breaks our goal of
being compatible with Python 2.3.

2) The xml is not included in the small subset of Python modules we
include on Windows.  It is part of the standard python distribution.

An easy fix is requiring an install of Py 2.4 or better to fully use
Blender scripting.

I have suggested this before, but a very vocal group maintained
that osxers and windozers were too stupid to install the lovely
prepared packages from python.org.  My only question is how did
they manage to get Blender installed?

These two scripts, mesh_unfolder.py and collad_import.py, either
need to throw more verbose errors describing the errors, or they
should not be part of our standard distribution.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net