[Bf-committers] NDOF

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Thu Aug 16 14:01:47 CEST 2007

sfogoros schrieb:
> Hi Carsten,
>
> Mine is swapped too. We had a short time to prepare for siggraph and get
> all platforms working. Some inconsistencies remain at the moment.

Ok, I have read more until now, also your comments at the 3dconecion
forum, so I think you are on the right track to solve theese
inconsistencies.

> I don't understand what you mean by Roll/Nick. The Nick part throws me
> off.

Well maybe I am a bit biased by my hobby rc-helicopter flying... Also I
may missuse the terms a bit because of that.

> And, my guess is that when you say very small amounts of transform,
> I perceive how difficult it can be to move the view when the axes are
> swapped. When the axes are oriented correctly, fly mode allows very nice
>   transforms.

Yes, possibly.

It seems that I come closer if I swap the zoom direction in the first
panel of the 3dconnexion control Panel.

(I just realize that it is all in german here, so please apologize when
I use not quite the right terms from the Panel)

So but then I have to swap the zoom direction everytime I  swap from fly
to transform mode.

It is so hard to communicate by mail about such 3d things...

> In view dependent mode, do you mean object mode where the SN controls
> the selected object and the object moves on the same axis as the SN
> (independent of the view direction)?

Yes, much like the transformation with the mouse in Blender or the
camerea translation/rotation in CameraView. All based on the screen-plane.

Carsten