[Bf-committers] NDOF

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Thu Aug 16 13:24:47 CEST 2007

Hi,

I managed to compile the ndof branch on Windows XP with minGW as
compiler. Easy meat.

I can use the SpaceNavigator but same as in precompiled versions, some
axes seem to be swapped. When I tweak the device in the configuration
app so that I can transform some axes in fly mode or turntable are weird
or swapped. Maybe this is because of the different terminology in
Blender and the SpaceNavigator driver?

I don't understand the fly-mode at all? Roll/Nick seems to do the wrong
things (i.e. very small amounts of transform e.g.)

I also miss a view dependant mode, i.e. if I push the SN forward the
object wil be tossed away, no matter what axis points "into" the screen.

Hope this makes sense...

Carsten