[Bf-committers] NDOF plugin for serial devices (linux)

Stefan Gartner stefang at aon.at
Sat Aug 11 16:47:18 CEST 2007

On Saturday, 11. August 2007, Ted Schundler wrote:
> I just tested this with my Spaceball 2003 FLX on FreeBSD - fixing the hard
> coded path to the serial device, it works. However, roll doesn't seem to
> have any effect. Is this normal? (i.e. is there the same behavior with the
> newer SpaceNavigator?)

Great to hear that it also works on FreeBSD. Setting the device path at
runtime is on my todo list, though I have no idea yet how to implement it
(maybe userprefs?).
Roll has no effect in turntable mode (the default), but by pressing button 1
you should be able to switch to fly mode, where roll works. This is the same
for all devices.

greetings,
stefan