[Bf-committers] MSVC official builds, optimisation and render errors

Eugene Reilly gene001 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 16:08:23 CEST 2007

Hey Matt/Simon,

Given my interest in optimizing on MSVC, I just tried the test file
Matt posted using one of my own MSVC8 heavily optimized builds and got
the following [1].  The dramatic black dots that I get in an official
build [2] don't show up.  So if my builds using MSVC8 have somehow
resolved this issue I am betting that other prjects in the official
MSVC build might need the addition of /fp:fast.

Simon, the render project is the only one you have using fp:fast
right?  Have you tried it on more projects to see if that helps?  Like
on the blender project?

[1] http://www.geneome.net/images/dottest.jpg
[2] http://www.geneome.net/images/baddottest.jpg