[Bf-committers] MSVC official builds, optimisation and render errors

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Tue Aug 7 02:49:49 CEST 2007

On 8/7/07, Simon Clitherow <aphex at nildram.co.uk> wrote:

> Cheers for the heads-up, Matt.
>
> RC1 had fixed the case shown in the bug report's blend file, but I had
> no other render cases to check against.

Oh, I see, that's interesting! I just isolated that test from one of the
files already mentioned on the tracker, after someone reported it was a
problem in RC1, as well.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the ray/rendering code, so I'm
> rather limited to trying different compiler flags options and hoping for
> the best.

Yep, but just to confirm again, the file renders ok (albeit slowly) here on
my gcc/cygwin build. So at least it would seem to be something that's being
done differently by the compiler (whether that's the compiler's or the
code's fault might be hard to tell...)

cheers and thanks

Matt