[Bf-committers] NDOF plugin for windows enabling buttons

sfogoros sfogoros at att.net
Thu Aug 2 07:31:51 CEST 2007

Matt Ebb wrote:
> Here's one: http://mke3.net/rt/blender-ndof-20070801.zip
>
> Some feedback on a quick test here: The buttons seem to work in this
> version, but the turntable rotation is quite wacky - the panning is a
> lot more sensitive than the rotation, where previously for me it was the
> other way around, though not to the same extreme. Transform mode doesn't
> seem to work at all, and fly mode seems a bit odd.

I worked on the fly mode, viewmoveNDOFfly(), against 2.44 stable. I
don't have a working windows version of NDOF branch to test the fly mode.

I originally based the axes scaling on the 3dConnexion driver default
settings. This setting returned a range of values of +-200. I didn't
realize the other drivers, mac and linux, would return values in the
range of +-1000, which the windows driver is capable of at max scaling.
This has led to some variations in axes scaling depending on the platform.

When I tested, I would first change the view to front using the menu.
Then I would proceed to use the SpaceNavigator. I experienced well
behaved translation and rotation. If I started from the default top
view, translate moved wrong until I rotated the view to z up (same as
front or side view). I hope this description of how I used fly mode
helps to understand its current limitations.