[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [11450] trunk/blender/source/blender:

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Aug 1 12:12:41 CEST 2007

Hi,

Joe Eagar wrote:
>> Quaternion Deform Interpolation
>> ===============================
>>
>> This is a new armature deform interpolation method using Dual Quaternions,
>> which reduces the artifacts of linear blend skinning:
>>
>> http://www.blender.org/development/current-projects/changes-since-244/skinning/
>>
>> Based on the paper and provided code:
>>
>> Skinning with Dual Quaternions
>> Ladislav Kavan, Steven Collins, Jiri Zara, Carol O'Sullivan.
>> Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics and Games, 2007.
>>

> Are you planning on having this be a per-bone option eventually?

I have considered it, yes. But it does not entirely make sense as a
per bone option, since it is about interpolation between bones, so it
is something you would want to tweak per joint, but that is not
clearly defined here. It could be done per bone, using quats if any or
all bones have it set, or maybe mixing both interpolation types. I
don't know how useful that would be in practice.. it will depend on
the feedback I get.

Brecht.