[Bf-committers] Linux plugin (was: Re: NDOF -- new commit)

Ettore Pasquini ettore_pasquini at 3dconnexion.com
Wed Aug 1 00:23:45 CEST 2007

On 7/31/07 10:57 AM, "Jean-Luc Peurière" <jlp at nerim.net> wrote:

> For when can you have your binaries ready ?

I have completed the linux plugin, it's available here:
http://cubelogic.org/blender/builds/2007-07-31/3DxBlender-linux-i386.tar.gz

The tarball above  contains what I think will be the "final" plugin
distribution for Blender from 3Dconnexion (for linux i386). With final I
mean, for Siggraph. ;-) This is still very experimental and received no
testing at all beside mine. But I believe all the pieces are there. Other
platforms should follow the same structure IMHO. What do you guys think?

In order for that to work, the following patch should be applied:
http://cubelogic.org/blender/ndof_buttons_linux.patch

This patch basically adds button handling to the deal. See the readme file
in the tarball for specific Linux set-up instructions.

As noted earlier, I will have the Windows build tomorrow. Jean-Luc, I can
package the Mac plugin zipfile if you want. I will remove the 3Dconnexion
copyright from it since you developed it. (Not sure what copyright info I
should use in its place, if any.)

Ettore