[Bf-committers] 2.44 targets... up to BCon4!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 29 22:35:08 CEST 2007

Hi team,

It's 2 months ago already, time to check if a 2.44 could be done.

What is in 2.44:

- 64 bits support
- some compo nodes
- plenty of python work
- a load of bugfixes
- appreciated smaller features like animated view, action subchannel,
   (complete list will be extracted from cvs)

Targets from the shortlist that will be postponed:

- image browser
   (being reviewed, for next release)
- adding composite nodes
   (still several in tracker...)
- pynode
   (unconfirmed, but probably next release?)
- ffmpg cleanup, and integration for release in osx and windows
   (still nobody volunteering?)
- baking: object-to-object ray normal baking
   (waiting for inspired coder!)

Proposed scheduling & todos:

- Let's move to bcon4 end of tomorrow? Last chance to get a patch
reviewed and included!
- Make 2.44 RC builds available asap (starting tomorrow)
- We need a splash committee, who was it again?
- Next sunday irc meeting review of status, and when we can move to
bcon5
- Note: May 9-10-11 was planned to move to svn, would be nice to
release then!

Please let me know when this planning doesn't fit.

Oh, and we should get ready for the event/tool refactor... where are
the docs with designs, mockups and expectations! :)

Laterz,

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org