[Bf-committers] ID Properties and 64 bits

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 02:12:36 CEST 2007

Hrm.  Also, I'm thinking of creating two structs like so:
  struct IntArraySegment { int32_t a; int32_t b;}
  struct FloatArraySegment {float a; float b;}

. . .to use for saving arrays.  These structs would only be used in the
file code, as DNA descripters of id property arrays.  They each have two
members, since structs have to be multiples of eight.  This means that
four bytes of the array's MemTail might be saved along with the array;
despite being bad form, this shouldn't really cause any problems as
those bytes would be ignored on file read.

The advantage of doing this is that then the file reading code can do
all necessary endian switching code itself,  rather then me having to
write code to do it manually.  Also, this should make things easier if
id property arrays ever get switched to int64_t (like in the far future,
when everyone has 64-bit machines and OS's :) ).

Joe