[Bf-committers] out of memory while compiling

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Sat Apr 28 22:40:59 CEST 2007

On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 01:01:03PM -0700, Alfredo de Greef wrote:

> Is it really me and can't blender be compiled anymore
> with the amount of memory I have (currently can't
> afford to buy more though), or could something else be
> the problem?

I suspect it is you - either something sucking up
memory or a lack of swap space.  A system monitor tool like
'top' might be useful.

As a work-around, try removing the -pipe compile flag.

Without it, gcc will use temp files rather than pipes
for communication between the various compiler phases.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net