[Bf-committers] out of memory while compiling

Alfredo de Greef eeshlo at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 28 22:01:03 CEST 2007

Hi all,

just compiled blender again, and got a rather strange
error. I got an out of memory error halfway through
the compile. Strangly, simply restarting the compile
somehow is ok, so it compiled fine in the end.

Something similar happened about a week ago, but with
more annoying results, my system froze, and that on
linux, I had to use the reset switch! That's a first
to me...

Of course I only have 512Mb, but that has never been a
problem before.
I vaguely remember that in the very distant past when
I tried to compile Blender on windows-98 with 384Mb,
using cygwin, I got similar errors back then.

Is it really me and can't blender be compiled anymore
with the amount of memory I have (currently can't
afford to buy more though), or could something else be
the problem?

btw, SuSe linux 64 bit, scons, and I adapt the
user-config.py to compile with py2.4, disabled openAL
and without international support.

Alfredo