[Bf-committers] CTRL-X functionality

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Sat Apr 28 05:08:40 CEST 2007

On 28/04/2007, at 12:49 PM, Joe Eagar wrote:
> Doug Ollivier wrote:
>> Hey Joe, what the status of this? are you still going to work on
>> this?
>>
> Nah consensus was to leave it like it is.

If that's the consensus reached by a bunch of people in IRC at the
time, then fine, but if you're still interested in working on this
area, it would be great if Blender at least saved a backup file on
creating a new file, and a less misleading message than "Erase All"
like "Reset to New File" or something definitely wouldn't go astray.
As I mentioned in my message on the funboard I lost a fair bit of
work last week from accidentally making a new file when I meant to
hit Ctrl C, and having a backup a la quit.blend would have prevented
this. As an aside, I know this is probably a rhetorical question, but
is there really any point to any of those funboard discussions if
decision makers aren't even reading them? Or does it all come down to
coders in IRC?

cheers

Matt

Matt Ebb . matt at mke3.net . http://mke3.net