[Bf-committers] CTRL-X functionality

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Apr 25 11:42:24 CEST 2007

Hi Joe,

I didn't know CTRL+X was broken, so what is there to fix, the accident
someone uses ctrl+x and didn't save?

In my opinion you save work, or you load work, or you quit blender.
Assuming the user makes accidents bt default is dumbing and slowing
down UIs.

----> Solve the problems where the problems are, not by adding user
options.

For example; just save a quit.blend for ctrl+x? There might be more of
such solutions to prevent the extremely unlikely accident with ctrl+x.

My personal observation: I never (NEVER) in my 12 years of blender
usage/testing had a Qkey accident, but already got several accidents
with pressing CTRL+W accidentally. So, probably whatever default you
pick, it always wrong... we then better move as quick as possible to
allowing users to tweak keymaps based on own habits.

-Ton-