[Bf-committers] Re: CTRL-X functionality

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Wed Apr 25 02:22:26 CEST 2007

Hi,
joeedh at gmail.com (2007-04-24 at 1659.15 -0700):
> Hi.  After reading more discussion of CTRL-X, I've decided that I'm
> going to fix it.
>
> The best method, imho would be to have CTRL-X popup a menu with 2
> entries: "Close Current File (without saving)" and "Close Current File
> (save first)".  The menu would be titled "Create New File?".

Use clearer wording. At least you did not use Yes, No. ;] The most
different the phrases, the less prone to confusion (that is why many
propose use verbs for buttons in dialogs). The proposed ones are 3
words exactly the same (Close Current File), one related (save and
saving) and only one clearly different (first vs without).  For
example:

New File?                 <- Title
Save <name.blend>.        <- Default, safe
Discard last changes.     <- 2nd Option

The meaning is the same, the global look is pretty much different to
each other, the wording is short but not cryptic, and even in English
the number of words is different (more visual difference).

GSR