[Bf-committers] Autoname vs. the color white

Arne Schmitz arne.schmitz at gmx.net
Wed Apr 18 17:18:53 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 18. April 2007 17:09 schrieb Chris Want:
> Although this is really a minor issue, should reflectance
> really be factored in to the autoname formula? I
> can't imagine a situation where somebody who has
> a material with r=g=b=1.0 would want the name to
> be "Gray".

I find this very convenient, since you are editing the *material*, the BRDF!
The color is only the diffuse color. Also you can edit the specular color
etc. The overall 'look' of the material is used for the name here, so I think
this is correct. Just set your diffuse reflectivity to >0.9 and you will have
white.

Arne

PS: Setting reply-to to funboard, since I think this it the more appropriate
place.

--
Dipl.-Inform. Arne Schmitz              Phone   +49 (0)241 80-21817
Computer Graphics Group                 Fax     +49 (0)241 80-22899