[Bf-committers] Autoname vs. the color white

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Wed Apr 18 17:09:26 CEST 2007

This has bugged me for a long time: when I set r=g=b=1.0 for
my diffuse color and press the autoname button it always
returns the name "Gray". It turns out this is because the
reflectance is factored into the autoname formula, so
my r=b=g=1.0 material with the default 0.8 reflectance is
treated like it is r=g=b=0.8 (with full reflectance).

Although this is really a minor issue, should reflectance
really be factored in to the autoname formula? I
can't imagine a situation where somebody who has
a material with r=g=b=1.0 would want the name to
be "Gray".

Regards,
Chris